Why Men Should Also Have a Skincare Routine!
The difference between the skin of men and women isn’t as much as the difference between the way skin is looked after by men and women! Men are likely to be affected by common skin conditions as much as women are affected by them, in fact, some conditions can be worse in men, let’s discuss!
Testosterone & Its Impact on Skin
Men have higher levels of the male hormone testosterone; this is especially more during adolescence. Testosterone is known to encourage oil production in the skin, and this is why teenage boys develop more acne than any other age group in men or women! Men often ignore their skin even if problems can be easily seen, hence it’s important to highlight some vital skin care tips for men!
Skincare Tips for Men
We’ve already discussed the importance of Sunscreen application in skincare. Sun protection is the most important element of skincare for both men and women. It not only protects you against skin cancer but also prevents sun damage and many other skin conditions.
A Good Skincare Routine for Men Should Include These Steps:
- Cleansing: Clean your face with a facial wash or bar that suits your skin twice a day. In case you have oily skin then use a toner!
- Moisturizing: Moisturize dry patches on your body at least once a day.
- Sunscreen: Wear sunscreen every day! You may also wear a hat & sunglasses. Looking cool isn’t the only purpose they serve!
- Shave After Shower: Usually, it’s always best to shave after a shower as the hair will be a lot softer. Also always be sure to store your shaving kit in a dry area to prevent bacteria from growing on it.
- Nutrition: This is also something that men often easily skin, always be sure that you’re eating a balanced diet and drinking plenty of water. Also, try to get regular exercise. The relationship between skin and food is something we’ve covered in our other article for this week so do check that out as well!
In case you are suffering from any skin issue and would like a crystal-clear consultation for the same then be sure to call us at +91-8826141232